Do you suffer from the winter blues? A well-lit interior space can make all the difference! Research shows that prolonged exposure to artificial light can severely impact mood and even cause bouts of depression. Skylights are one of the easiest ways to increase the amount of natural light that streams into your home for a happier and healthier you.
At Master Roofers of Belgrave, we provide the highest quality of custom skylights to brighten your Montreal home. Here are five reasons why you should consider investing in more natural light this spring.
1. Energy conservation. Skylights, which can be installed in virtually any area of the home, are a great way to make your household more energy efficient. An environmentally friendly alternative to artificial lighting, skylights provide a sustainable source of carbon-free energy, as they draw in the natural light from the outdoors to brighten your space. Reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to a cleaner future for your children!
2. Lower electrical bills. When you conserve energy, you inevitably lower your monthly cost for electricity. So, in addition to representing an eco-friendly solution, skylights are also a cost-effective alternative. A single window can replace several energy-dependent lighting units and provide up to 30 per cent more natural light than traditional vertical panes. Remember, artificial light can be expensive, but natural light is free!
3. Greater productivity. Vitamin D is a natural energy booster, so it’s no wonder that studies have shown that people are more efficient when exposed to sunlight. Skylights, therefore, are an excellent addition to ensure increased productivity of day-to-day tasks, especially in the workplace. The cost of installing these rooftop fixtures is negligible compared to the increase in productivity and revenue!
4. Improved mood. Similarly, natural light improves morale, which also ties in to better productivity. As mentioned above, exposure to daylight is linked to decreased levels of depression and stress, especially in the case of people suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Nobody likes being holed up in a dim, artificially lit cavern on overcast days. Skylights bring necessary cheer, especially to communities with dreary winter climates like Montreal’s.
5. Aesthetic appeal. Finally, beyond the savings and health benefits that this style of window provides, it also adds a stunning touch to your home’s interior design! At Master Roofers of Belgrave, we specialize in custom skylights made to measure in a variety of styles, from dome to pyramid-shaped designs. Make a great impression when guests enter your home with a radiant beam of light shining down on the grand foyer! Whether installed in the kitchen, bathroom or entrance, skylights liven up your home in more ways than one.
Switching to natural light has a wide range of benefits. A popular choice in modern households across Montreal, skylights make your home more beautiful and energy efficient. One thing to note, however: if not installed correctly, these openings overhead can end up overheating your home, making rooms uncomfortable to live in.
Fight climate change and energy bills at the same time by investing in natural light! For a professional installation of quality skylights with weather-tight capabilities, trust the roofing experts at Master Roofers of Belgrave in Montreal. Call us today!